Monday, July 28, 2008

A red Bobby Car for Marion

One of my favorite things to do lately has been to spend time at the playground behind our apartment with other moms in our complex and their kids. We get to chat while the kids, who are all relatively close in age, play together. It reminds me of our old neighborhood.

But our chats are frequently interrupted by yelling because one kid has tried to take away another child's toy. And usually it is Marion, trying to ride Natalie or Fedor's Bobby Car.

I had not heard the term 'Bobby Car' before moving to Switzerland. So, assuming you haven't either, here's a quick lesson.

The Bobby Car is a car without pedals. The child riding on the car moves it using his or her feet. They are usually red and made in Germany by the BIG company.

Tired of the constant bickering over the Bobby Cars, we took Marion to Toys R Us on Saturday to pick out her own. We ended up getting this little number.
Pretty, right? Those stickers were a pain to put on.

Marion loves it and has ridden it a few times since we put it together. However, it hasn't been put to the real test yet. Playtime with all of the kids and their cars. I'll let you know how that goes.

I did some googling today to determine if these are available in the US. And good news is, they are. So far I found them at Amazon and Costco. No luck at Toys R Us.

And (good news for us) it is the first thing I have come across that is actually cheaper in Europe!

So, if you are interested in getting one of these for your child, I might be persuaded to bring one back for you. Have I mentioned I like sangria?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You might want to think about getting one of them for Brian. I hear parking spaces are tough to come by in Zurich. :)