Thursday, May 29, 2008

Busy, busy week

Lots to catch up on!

Last Thursday my work had a going away dinner for Brian and I. We had a lot of fun hanging out and it was a great way to start the long weekend.

Then we packed. No need to discuss the craziness and pain of that. But the weekend was sprinkled with fun in between the packing. Friday night we had dinner with our friends Heather and Tom. Saturday was dinner and crepes with friends Steve and Sarah. And Sunday was a Memorial Day cookout at Steve and Sarah's house.

Memorial Day was spent packing some more. Painful, painful packing. I was so exhausted and sore that I pretty much tapped out by noon. I was useless. I'm sure Brian will say the same (he wasn't very happy with me).

However, the holiday did end on an up note. Crabs with my parents and grandmother! At the end of the night, we moved in with Mom and Dad. Back with the 'rents.

Tuesday after work Brian and I attended a going away happy hour given by Brian's work. Lots of fun with plenty of jokes about Brian killing computers. Apparently he has gone through five laptops in four and a half years? A record for the office I believe. I think it has something to do with his power typing.

Wednesday brought Brian and I our last days of work. Can't believe they came so quickly. That evening we met friends Steve and Jesse for dinner. They return from their travels around the world as we take off for ours. Poor planning.

Today's moving day. Pictures to come later, haven't downloaded them yet. Tonight, haircut, hanging out with neighbors, and my in laws arrive.

Tomorrow's settlement and transfer of my car. And about a million other things. I'll be driving all over Baltimore dropping things off, picking them up, yadda yadda yadda. Hopefully we'll be able to fit in a Ms Julie performance at the mall for Marion. Ms Julie's a local preschool performer and Marion loves her. Evidence of Marion's love: Ms Julie is a popular answer for many different questions.

Example:
Q: Marion, what do you want to buy at the store?
A: Ms Julie!

Q: Marion, who did you see this morning?
A: Ms Julie!

Nope honey, you saw a doctor this morning. A doctor because you have an ear infection. Three days before we leave the country. On a pressurized aircraft. Wonderful.

Saturday, more packing. And hopefully some pool time. That would be nice.

Sunday, I hope we have time for the farmer's market. It's one of my favorite things to do in Baltimore. Then we'll leave for the airport by noon. After that, well, we'll just have to see!

No comments: