Saturday, February 23, 2008

A couple of things I hope to leave behind

1. Marion's fear of snow.

I have no idea where this came from and hope it is a phase. If it's not, well, I don't know what we'll do. Because I believe they get snow in Switzerland. At least that's what I've heard. Right now she refuses to walk outside on her own if there is any snow on the ground. If she can't see it from inside and manages to walk outside and see some snow, she freezes and immediately wants to be carried. The crying is something like "Noooooooooooooo, no snooooooooooooooooooooow!!!" with alot of whining and tears. Can't imagine carrying her for the next two years. Well, at least I'd have toned arms.

2. Barney

Somehow the purple dinosaur wormed his way into Marion's heart. I believe through daycare. Barney was the one thing Brian and I avoided because we really can't stand him. But she came home one day from daycare saying "Ber-nee!" and we knew it was all over. Now the big guy is everywhere. But I'm fighting it. I got a library card yesterday so we don't have to buy any books with Barney. And On Demand is fast becoming my friend. No Barney items owned in my house!

No comments: