Friday, January 22, 2010

Music: It never gets old

I've been listening to the radio again because, let's face it, you can only listen to the same mix CD so many times before it drives you absolutely insane.

I listened to the radio when we first arrived here. Unfortunately, I couldn't listen to the radio while pregnant because German had a tendency to make me nauseous. I can't explain it. The sounds of words I didn't understand just made me want to hurl. I just don't do pregnancy well.

Now is a good time to get back into listening to the radio.

And I love it. Listening to the radio here never gets old.

Now that I know some German words everything sounds like "Blah blah blah - word I know- blah blah blah blah - another word I know - blah."

So I get a real kick out of the radio because it tends to go like this: "Blah blah blah - Aretha Franklin - blah blah - Respect - blah blah blah - Bruce Springsteen - blah blah blah - word I know - blah."

Then an English song comes on. This morning I heard Bon Jovi's Who Says You Can't Go Home while I was driving through our Swiss town to drop off Marion to her Spielgruppe.

I love it.

3 comments:

Hoppy said...

It's the little things in life that make it all worthwhile. Love to all.

grammie said...

Ahhh...good memories. You are reminding me of the awesome beautiful view from the Spielgrupp parking area. Amazing.

I do agree that the radio was hard to adjust to ...english speaking music then german talking...Really crazy at rush hour., you could hear in their voices the intensity and only guess what they are saying :)

L&H
Mom

Braden and Anna said...

This cracks me up! "blah blah blah - word I know- blah blah blah - word I know". Seriously true but hilarious!