Tuesday, January 19, 2010

10 months.


Ten months old.

Well, my littlest monkey is getting in to everything these days. She is a fan of anything electrical so tends to go for laptops, the TV, DVDs, the DVD player, etc. Just when I think everything is out of the way, she shows me that I don't have a clue about babyproofing and finds something to eat/chew/destroy.

Betti is so close to walking it scares me. Marion was starting to crawl at this age. Betti is crawling, standing, cruising, and walking when holding onto hands or anything that can be used as a walker. She is exhausting!

As she gets older, her personality shines through even more. She is a happy baby but is definitely more shy and apprehensive than her older sister. She also has some separation anxiety. I wonder if it is because I was working when Marion was a baby and now I'm not? Who knows.

Here's a great example of the difference between my two girls.

Now Marion would have loved this as a baby. She would have laughed and laughed. Betti? Well, not so much as you can see!

They continue to enjoy each other. And I continue to try to teach Marion the word 'gentle'. It's not an easy thing for her. She is definitely her father's child.

This is what I deal with about a million times a day.

Sometimes it ends with a giggle. Other times it ends with a scream.

Today Betti wasn't so sure about things.

Anyway, just two short months before Betti's first birthday. Where has this year gone? She has grow up entirely too fast. Insane. Cliche, but insane.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Love the video! They are both so adorable. Happy 10 months Betti!

Hoppy said...

Love the video and pictures!!! She is growing amazingly fast! Good to see that Marion enjoys her little sister. I think you're right about the anxiety thing. Happy 10 months, Betti!! Love to all.

Lemon Gloria said...

Wow - I hadn't realized the exactly five months apart thing! Happy 10 months! Both your girls are so gorgeous and they look like so much fun. It's extraordinary how fast they grow. I never believed it until I started living it.

grammie said...

What happy times. ENJOY every moment !!! Happy 10 months Bettina.

Hugs & Kisses,
Grammie

mrsmac said...

Thanks Sarah! I should probably not allow Marion to scare Betti as often as I do but I find it hilarious!

Hoppy- She enjoys her little sister a little too much!

Lemon Gloria- Thank you very much! And yes, you don't realize why they have all those cliches until you live them :)

Grammie- I will!