Monday, June 1, 2009

One year ago

One year ago, we packed up our lives and got on a flight for Zurich.

One whole year. It's amazing how fast it has gone yet it feels like we have lived there forever.

It's been a great, challenging, fun, hectic, overwhelming year. We've met new people, settled in to our new life, welcomed a new daughter, become recyclers, been confused by a multitude of languages, and become comfortable with a different culture. And that's just the short list.

I'm glad we decided to take the leap into the expat life. While this year has been tough, I wouldn't trade it for anything.

I hope the next year is as good as our last!

4 comments:

Chantal said...

Congrats on a year! Time really does fly by here!

Libby said...

I can't believe that it's been a whole year either! Wow! I swear you were just posting about packing up!!!

Susan May said...

Time flies while you are enjoying life in Switzerland.

Jessica said...

Welcome to the club. I look forward to following you this year, too! :)