Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

To all my American readers. No Thanksgiving celebrated here, obviously. And since Halloween was not really celebrated as well, Christmas decorations have been up in stores and around town for almost a month now.

Despite the lack of Thanksgiving cheer (and a day off of work), we did celebrate the holiday with friends last Saturday since we were supposed to be on our way to Vienna today. We had everyone over and stuffed our gills with traditional Thanksgiving food, including my favorites: green bean casserole and canned (must be CANNED!) cranberry sauce. I have simple tastes. If the cranberry sauce doesn't have lines from the can, I won't eat it.

We also managed to find a turkey for our Thanksgiving feast. It only cost us 95 USD for a 16 pound bird. Hahaha, can you imagine if you had to spend that much? Friends of mine back home were telling me about their free turkeys they managed to get at local grocery stores. Turkeys obviously are not in high demand here in Switzerland.

Anyway, we had a great time celebrating. And the leftovers were super yummy. I hope you all enjoy your Thanksgiving as well!!!!

3 comments:

Reama said...

Mrs. Mac,

You're a woman after my own heart. I only liked the canned variety of cranberry jelly, too!

Happy Thanksgiving from Oregon.

Jessica said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jessica said...

I will also be enjoying the cranberries from the can with the lines!!!! LOL... it is the best!