Saturday, August 21, 2010

Why hello there blog, how are you?

I've missed you, blog. I've been a little busy though. Since I last wrote you I have:

- Sold all of our household items and gave the ones that couldn't sell away.
- Packed up what we wanted to keep and mailed seven boxes to our new home in the US.
- Packed up the extra stuff that didn't get mailed and brought it with me on the plane (seven very large bags plus two carry-ons).
- Managed to forget that the very fragile snow globe a friend gave me had water in it when I packed it in my carry-on. Heathrow security confiscated it.
- Arrived to the heat and humidity of Maryland and promptly switched my jeans and sweater Swiss weather for shorts and t-shirts.
- Crashed in exhaustion after my flight.
- Woke up and saw my girls for the first time in two and a half weeks.
- Had a full day of errands where I bought: a car, a refrigerator, a washer and dryer, and some small necessities from Target (it was like returning to the mother ship).
- And finally, yesterday, I moved all of our stuff out of my parent's basement and into our new home.

Now I have a house full of boxes and will be unpacking and organizing for the rest of the week.

So, blog, aren't you jealous? Trust me, I'd rather be here writing to you but things must be done. I'm sorry, I will be back soon!

4 comments:

mrschlosser said...

Yeah! You're back. Please, please keep blogging -- even if you're no longer living in Switzerland, you will ALWAYS be Swiss Family Mac to me. :o)

And thanks for the marshmallows and Crystal Light!

ToadMama said...

Welcome back! I look forward to the first house party!

OPA said...

Great! Looking forward to seeing you, the girls, the house, Brian, and everyone!

De Campo said...

I'm sure that you have a lot going on but I wanted to let you know that "Timonium Family Mac" would look ridiculous.